[Blindmath] Used Braille College Text Books

Susan Mooney susanannemooney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:15:12 UTC 2012

The university needs to talk to other people.  Yes, there are budget crappy
transcribers out there.  The overwhelming majority of us are professionals,
however.  Braille Plus (www.brailleplus.net) is a fabulous outfit which
prides itself not only on accuracy and fast turn arounds but they are a joy
to work with and for.  Again, most instructors are not going to use the
entire text so it may be worth getting only the portion of the books
needed.  I can't imagine trying to do physics and chem and math without
braille.  I have transcribed many level college texts w/o doing the entire
book. It doesn't matter if your son is the first or the 121st blind
student.  The university needs to get its butt in gear.

SM

--
Be Here now.  Be someplace else later.  Is that so complicated? (Zen
Judaism)