[Blindmath] perspective and the blind

Paul Chapin pdchapin at amherst.edu
Thu Dec 5 01:54:53 UTC 2013

Actually it's been known for some time that the visual cortex of blind people show significant levels of activity. The question for neuroscientist is whether this means that the visual cortex actual does more than they thought or does the brain repurpose that part if itself that would otherwise be wasted and if the latter what does that mean for total brain function since that would mean that a blind person has more capacity to dedicate to non-visual tasks than a sighted person.

Sent from my iPhone