[Blindmath] Hello! New to ListServ.

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Fri Jun 7 18:44:58 UTC 2013

HI, Ian! Would this help?
American Foundation
for the Blind<http://www.afb.org>
Expanding possibilities for people with vision loss
We are pleased to announce that the webinar Blind Teaching the Blind: Effective Strategies for Vision Loss Professionals Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired<http://www.afb.org/store/Pages/ShoppingCart/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=eBlindTeachBlind> is now available in the AFB eLearning Center.

This presentation is geared toward new and practicing vision rehabilitation professionals who are visually impaired, students in personnel preparation programs and rehabilitation facility supervisors.

Jennifer Ottowitz, CVRT, describes how the use of non-visual adaptations can greatly enhance your performance of job skills. She explains how these techniques will enable you to be a more positive and effective role model for students and consumers. Suggestions for the professional who is blind or visually impaired include:

  *   considerations for when to use non-visual adaptations,
  *   effective strategies for monitoring students/consumers,
  *   specific examples of adaptations in core domain areas.

The webinar has been approved by ACVREP and CRCC for 1 hour of continuing education credit.

Learn more about Blind Teaching the Blind<http://www.afb.org/store/Pages/ShoppingCart/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=eBlindTeachBlind> now!

Maureen Murphy Lewicki
Teacher of Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central School