[Blindmath] IOS7 and math support

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Oct 5 11:11:33 UTC 2013

Hello,
The original page I tried VoiceOver math support on is
http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/dmml.xml
<http://www.albany.edu/%7Ehammond/gellmu/dmml.xml>.

I tried the page that Kevin gave and set the renderer to MathML. I did
get a warning dialog saying that the browser does not support all
features of MathJax but I could activate the OK button without any
issue. Once the renderer was set to MathML it seemed to read fine.

I guess the problems with reading the math you encountered on that page
might relate to not having the MathJax renderer set to MathML.

The Only difference I notice between what I am doing and what you are
doing, is I am using an iPodTouch and not an iPad, but one would have
thought that should not cause the difference. The only other thing I can
think of is possibly differing IOS7 versions, I initially updated to
IOS7 and then about a week later it offered me an update to IOS 7.0.2
which I did upgrade to.

Michael Whapples