[Blindmath] LaTeX to MathML (was IOS7 and math support)

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 6 21:04:50 UTC 2013

This is sort of off-topic but I wanted to remind everyone that converting
certain subsets of LaTeX, such as itex, to MathML is MUCH easier than
converting any arbitrary valid LaTeX document to MathML.  (The same comment
applies if the target is braille math rather than MathML.) One major reason
is that LaTeX includes a macro language. To my knowledge tex4ht is the only
application which is designed to convert general LaTeX documents and even it
isn't perfect.  I've never tried to use tex4ht myself but I understand using
it requires some investment of time to acquire the necessary expertise.

SusanJ