[Blindmath] LaTeX to MathML (was IOS7 and math support)

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sun Oct 6 21:22:50 UTC 2013

Morning all,

Responding to Susan's comments about tex4ht:

Thanks to pointers from Susan J and Michael W, I found it fairly simple to add creation of html documents from raw latex to my workflow.

I now routinely process a lot of documents into both pdf and html from the same source files. Usually, the html files are for my own personal use but I have created a number of documents that are now available in both pdf and html for use by my sighted students.

To get the best outcomes, I have two header files which have different preambles. One for the pdf, one for the html. The body of these header files just imports the other files for the content which is of course the same for all formats.

I've been quite satisfied with the default settings of tex4ht. I'd like to work out how to add alt tags to images one day, but at present the use of informative captions for figures is sufficient.

Jonathan