[Blindmath] LaTeX compilers for Windows

John Gardner gardnerj at onid.orst.edu
Thu Aug 28 22:01:31 UTC 2014

Sarah, Neil has given you one solution that makes it possible for blind
people who know Latex to read MathType equations in MS Word.  LEANMath is
another.  It allows you to insert alt text into MathType equations in either
a word description format or as Nemeth Braille.  These are read by any
screen reader. The LEAN Editor also permits the user to open that equation
and browse it in audio, edit it, etc.  A new, hopefully final beta version,
will be posted tomorrow with luck.  Do you want a copy?

Please note that both the Latex toggle and LEAN Math require MathType, not
the Office Equation Editor.  If you have a document with Windows math
equations, MathType can convert them to MathType.

John Gardner