[Blindmath] Pascal's Triangle in Braille?

Alexa Schriempf ats169 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 30 13:55:40 UTC 2014

The embosser we have is: Braille Express with Duxbury 11.1

Also have a raised line drawing kit, cardboard and puffy paint, and a
raised line heat printer (I don't know the name, it's old, and can do only
11.5 by 8).

My current solution is to supply the student with the braille numbers in
the rough triangle pattern, as already described in my original email;
today I will follow up with a depiction of the honeycomb nature of the
triangle using the heat printer. The cells however will be empty and the
student will have to go into cognitive overdrive to recall the numbers from
the braille handout, while interacting with the honeycomb tactile graphic.

Unfortunately, this is for a college math class and the professor is going
all the way down to row 13 -- the entire triangle from Row 0 to 13 in other
words. I was able to get to row 7 pretty well. After that, the pattern
shifts too much and my next option is to do is cell by hand with a braille
label maker, puffy paint, or cutting up each number out of each row from
the Express output.

I imagine that because we don't have a Tiger, you won't be able to help us!
But thank you so much for the offer!

-Alexa