[Blindmath] Math Computer Program

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Mar 3 23:36:34 UTC 2014

I think what you describe about wanting to use the Braille display
keyboard is what I suspected might be the case.

Whilst my Braille display (which I have had for about 1 year and 6
months) has a Braille keyboard, I admit I do not use the Braille input.
This is probably due to the previous Braille display I had before not
having a Braille input keyboard and so I am used to typing on the
QWERTY. However I can see why people would like using the Braille
keyboard on the display to reduce hand movement.

I think the Braille input on a QWERTY may have been designed more for
transcribers (possibly sighted) who do not have a Braille input keyboard
and want a way of typing the dots they want to come out. Very much a
solution to remove the need for expensive equipment.

As for having a single solution which just works for everything: May be
a bit hopeful, but why shouldn't you expect it. Its up to those involved
with creating the technology to provide what is needed/wanted.

Michael Whapples