[Blindmath] alternative methods of learning college algebra

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:24:48 UTC 2015

Hi,
I had all of my math texts on tape, and never used Braille to do
mathematics. I listened to the problem as it was read on tape, and I did
calculus, linear algebra, and majored in mathematics with out a bit of
braille. I can do Calculus and all math in my head and keep track of all the
steps. The disability Office converted my graphs and any figures used in
class into a tactile form, and that was it. Learning the Nemeth code is not
necessary for her at all. In the middle of course work, it would be a waist
of time. She can learn ways to do linear and quadratic equations and their
graphs in her head. She could just make up her own Braille code if she needs
it. As long as she knows what her code means, why does it have to be the
formal Nemeth code. Have a great one.