[Blindmath] technology frustration with my mathlab.com

derek riemer Derek.Riemer at Colorado.EDU
Thu Feb 12 03:27:39 UTC 2015

I would talk to your coordinator. When I started out at college, the
webassign system for math wasn't accessible. While i didn't do the
assignments online, the disability services office converted the
homework to braille for me, so I could complete it. I simply turned it
in by emailing my completed pdf to the instructor (actually, a learning
assistant, not the instructor). Anyhow, if they can simply convert the
assignments,  that should allow you to have equal access to the course,
although it isn't as nice as having the interactive site. Also, the
webassign system which is designed by Pearson was recently made
accessible. I used it with nvda all last semester. It can be a bit weird
to get used to, but basically they converted all the problems to ascii
math. Does the software you are referencing do this?
HTH,
Derek