[Blindmath] excell and formulas

Sarah Clark sarah at sarahaclark.com
Fri Jan 23 14:53:54 UTC 2015

Hi George,
I was not a finance major in school so did not take any related courses
except Financial Accounting, but I have worked as a financial advisor and
during my career I have taken classes in Financial Planning per the
requirements for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) crudential.

I did not have to use a scientific or graphing calculator in my studies, but
I did use a financial calculator extensively in the CFP program, and found
the financial calculator provided with Kurzweil to be extremely useful.

And though I did not use it for this purpose, I imagine Excel could be
helpful in laying out information for accounting or some other mathematical
based information. But I think this sort of thing is sometimes a matter of
trial and error to see what works best for you, because something that works
best for one person may not be the preferred method for the next person.

Sarah