[Blindmath] Octave questions.

Doug and Molly Miron mndmrn at hbci.com
Thu Feb 2 17:46:38 UTC 2017

        Hi All,

Yesterday I downloaded two Windows 64-bit versions of Octave.  One was a
zipped file which unpacked into c:\users\user\octave.  Among the hundreds of
files I didn't find an installer or a setup file, although I didn't examine
every file name.  So I ran the installer.  After installation, Octave
automatically started and I could hear the menu bar using NVDA, but couldn't
do anything with the command window, if there was one.

Today I discovered that there are two Octave icons on my desktop, one for
the GUI interface and one called CLI, which I presume stands for
command-line interface.  I tried the CLI and was able to hear and define a
matrix in Matlab style.  I can get the manual through either interface, but
I haven't found keystrokes that make it navigateable.

I find Derek's LaTeX conversion to speech project interesting.  Since I've
started research again and MathType isn't accessible for writing equations,
I took a suggestion from Design Science and started using LaTeX.  Does
anybody have a suggestion about software to easily convert LaTeX to mathML
or equivalent?

Regards,
Doug Miron