[Blindmath] Word accessibility.

Doug and Molly Miron mndmrn at hbci.com
Tue Feb 21 21:54:40 UTC 2017

Good day folks,

I have  used screen magnifiers ever since they were available, until a year and a half ago when I was forced to use a screen reader.  I found the user interfaces for Word and MathType reasonable up to the 2003 versions.  I stayed away from newer versions until last year when I wanted to use MathPlayer and had to upgrade to 2016 versions.  Somewhere I learned that Microsoft has an accessibility desk and I  talked  to them.  They sent me a keystroke file for the new Word, and also Windows Live Mail, which came with Windows 7 and I’m still using with Windows 10.  Their phone number is

800 936 5900

Also Apple has an accessibility hotline at

877 204 3930.

They couldn’t tell me if Matlab was  accessible on any Apple platform, but he did send me an iPhone manual in text format.

If anyone would like copies of these files, I’d be glad to send them as e-mail attachments.

Regards,
Doug Miron