[Blindmath] Taking a math class this semester.

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:10:22 UTC 2017

What type of math are you doing?
There are two (major) ways to type math: using what I call “calculator notation” or using LaTeX <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX>.
Calculator notation is simpler; you simply use symbols that would appear on a standard scientific calculator: + for addition, - for subtraction, * for multiplication, / for division, sqrt for square root etc.
This notation is easy to write, but can become difficult for complicated expressions and can be hard to read for sighted instructors.
LaTeX is easier to read for sighted people (when compiled to PDF) and is easier to work with when complex expressions are involved, but it can be harder to learn and use.

Bill