[BlindMath] What is your experience reading LaTeX source?

Joseph C. Lininger joe at pcdesk.net
Thu Jan 10 02:16:55 UTC 2019

I used to use it for that purpose all the time, and I found it extremely
useful. My professors used to give me copies of math exams in LaTeX
even, since that's how they generated them in the first place. I also
used it for taking notes in both math and other classes, and for
generating homework, exams, etc. etc. etc. for professors. One of them
made a joke once that my homework actually looked better visually than
all of the sighted student's because of the fact LaTeX typesets
everything so nicely. For notes, I wouldn't generate a pdf of course.
I'd just use the source as my notes.

I don't attend school anymore, but I still use LaTeX for producing
documents sometimes. I also use it when I take notes for personal study
in math and cryptography.

--
Joe