[BlindMath] Zoom meeting on accessible math: Thu 11 Feb 6:30 to 7:30 UK time

Petr Pařízek sweetji at seznam.cz
Sat Feb 6 15:10:58 UTC 2021

Jonathan wrote:

<<<<<

Many teachers use LaTeX for course materials. I'd like to have real-world

> examples of LaTeX math, and accessibility problems and solutions. Please
> send to this list or to me privately as you wish.

Recently, someone has told me that out of the many existing TeX to PDF
converters out there, there doesn't seem to be such one that would be
able to label the math expressions with corresponding alternative text
in the PDF document. Sadly, I'm unable to verify whether this is indeed
the case or whether labeling graphics with alternative text is somehow
problematic in PDF documents. If alternative text is no problem in
formats like HTML, then I have no idea why it should be a problem in
PDF. And if it is not a question of issues with alternative text itself,
then I wonder why the converters can't use it for labeling the math
expressions properly (which are actually stored as graphics). Honestly,
I'd love to know myself what the answer to the question is but I don't
know anyone who knows enough both about the actual PDF format and about
the available TeX to PDF converters and who could indeed give me the answer.

Petr

--
Tento e-mail byl zkontrolován na viry programem AVG.
http://www.avg.cz