[BlindMath] Learning High School Math

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Thu Jul 15 02:40:37 UTC 2021

Hi Shail,

I think Susan has summed up things quite nicely for you. Regarding
learning the Nemeth Code, I'm attaching the pdf of a Power Point on
Learning and Teaching the Nemeth Code from a few months ago, which
includes several resources and URL links that you may find helpful. I'm
not sure if the list allows attachments, so if this doesn't come through,
please contact me privately, and I'll send it to you directly. These
resources include
https://accessibility.pearson.com/resources/nemeth-curriculum/ and
https://www.uscupstate.edu/academics/school-of-education-human-performance
-and-health/graduate-programs/project-inspire/ and many more.

In addition, I do have a few resources on a portion of the TSBVI website,
which you may find helpful. Math videos can be found at:
http://www.tsbvi.edu/videos-webinars/mathematics. Other math information
can be found at: www.tsbvi.edu/math

Best wishes,
Susan

Susan A Osterhaus
Statewide Mathematics Consultant
Outreach Programs
Texas School for the Blind
  And Visually Impaired
1100 West 45th Street
Austin, TX 78756
susanosterhaus at tsbvi.edu
www.tsbvi.edu/math
http://www.tsbvi.edu/videos-webinars/mathematics
https://www.pathstoliteracy.org/resources/project-inspire-free-self-paced-
courses-increase-stem-potential-individuals-who-read