[BlindMath] About Mathviewer

Alican C Gokcek agokcek at unr.edu
Thu Feb 2 02:19:13 UTC 2023

Hi,
When I try to read equations prepared by the disability office at my university on Word, I cannot read them properly. I realized that they are not recognized as math content by JAWS. Thus, I cannot open mathviewer to read part by part. More importantly, JAWS misses important symbols in equations such as parenthesis, square root, square, and etc. Does anyone have an idea about the possible reasons causing this problem? By the way, I tested this problem on the sample equations Word document provided by Freedom Scientific. And, it is the same. Thanks for all replies in advance.
Regards.
Cagri