[BlindMath] Typst, a modern LaTeX alternative written in Rust, is now open source

Rastislav Kish rastislav.kish at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:47:05 UTC 2023

https://libreddit.spike.codes/r/rust/comments/11xpg6e/typst_a_modern_latex_alternative_written_in_rust/

https://github.com/typst/typst

The idea sounds pretty cool. I mean, I'm still not a fan of typesetting,
but when it already needs to be done, I find LaTeX to be an
extraordinarily horrible tool to do so.

Which, to be fair, is probably largely an inheritance of its period, but
never mind.

The combination of a modern syntax, Rust core and open development
sounds very exciting.

I wonder how accessible the documents are, though. I saw the unfortunate
PDF support sofar, I need to check whether they support HTML, or whether
there's at least tagging in the PDF documents.

Best regards

Rastislav