[BlindMath] Typst, a modern LaTeX alternative written in Rust, is now open source

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Mar 22 19:02:33 UTC 2023

On 22/3/23 11:47, Rastislav Kish via BlindMath wrote:
> I wonder how accessible the documents are, though. I saw the unfortunate
> PDF support sofar, I need to check whether they support HTML, or whether
> there's at least tagging in the PDF documents.

According to their Web site and their architectural overview on GitHub,
HTML export is under development. I didn't find any mention of tagged PDF.

I've added a comment to the accessibility issue on their GitHub
repository, emphasizing the importance of accessible HTML output. Their
plan appears to be to generate HTML directly from the document compiler.