[BlindRUG] Qualitative research using R: RQDA package

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Tue Mar 7 03:54:40 UTC 2017

Hello  JooYoung

I wanted to check this one out for you so I downloaded the CRAN version and installed it. Unfortunately, the library() command failed while running R in a terminal. A development version might work better, but I'm disappointed the install.packages() worked but library() did not because to me it suggests the CRAN check process has not caught this problem.

I was hoping to find out which functions were useful in a  command line or script file way of working. You might read any vignettes you can find or contact the package maintainer to ask about any vignettes in development.

I can tell you that the tcl/tk package creates menu items that are accessible but the menus open dialogue boxes that have proven not to be accessible. Other (newer) packages that develop a GUI have also proven less than fully accessible.

Having said that, if a package has a vignette, then it must have been made in a non-GUI way of working so the functionality therein must be suitable for blind users.

Let us know how you get on.

Jonathan