[BlindRUG] updating BrailleR

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jun 13 23:45:32 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I've made a temporary addition to the BrailleR package to override use of the installr package (a little) until it is updated.

To make best use of BrailleR, use the GitHub version by issuing the following command:

devtools::install_github("ajrgodfrey/BrailleR")

The devtools package should be on your system as it has been a required package for BrailleR for a few years now. If you get a message about any other package not being installed, then you may need to install them using the regular install.packages() function.

Once you have updated BrailleR to the latest development version, you will be able to download the correct versions of tools needed for WriteR.

I've been editing the instructions in the WriteR chapter in the e-book (help  still wanted on that) which you can find at:

https://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/BrailleRInAction/WriteR.html

On my to-do list is a video  tutorial on writing an R markdown document in WriteR. Anyone with experience creating such things could send me an offline message.

Cheers,
Jonathan