[Blindtlk] Shopping trolley

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 23:01:38 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have this metal folding shopping trolley that I've used for a
couple of years now, and its wheels are starting to give out.  I'm
looking for a replacement.  What I'd like is a replacement that
doesn't have this thing's annoyances.

First annoyance, the thing is made of steel wire, which means small
objects want to slip right out of the thing.  I've managed to make
walls and a floor for the thing out of cardboard, but the result
looks pretty silly and doesn't work as one that actually featured a
bag or something on wheels.  I've seen such things, but don't know
where to find them.

Second annoyance, this thing appears to be designed for people who
are like 5 foot tall or so.  I'm about 6.  Every single shopping
trolley I've ever seen (and most luggage for that matter) seems to be
made for short people, which means you wind up tripping over the
thing as you walk.

Has anyone found something better?

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%.