[Blindtlk] NFB and Lions

David Bouchard davidb521 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:43:28 UTC 2009

Hello,
I am interested in the relationship between the NFB and Lions. I had the honor to be a trumpet p at layer in the Mississippi All State Lions Band this summer, and began considering whether or not to join a Lions club. I've heard that the Federation and Lions had a decent relationship many years ago, but I don't know how that relationship stands now. Since one of the main goals of Lions is to reduce preventable blindness, I wonder how they treat a blind person such as myself who accepts their blindness as just a characteristic. I've heard how wonderful the organization is, but a Federation perspective would certainly be enlightening.
Thanks,
David