[Blindtlk] FW: Alternative Philosophies

gloria fairyfoot at webband.com
Thu Jun 4 15:47:18 UTC 2009

That has nothing to do with blindness.

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jeff Schwartz
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:01 AM
To: 'NFBnet Blind Talk Mailing List'
Subject: [Blindtlk] FW: Alternative Philosophies

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Schwartz [mailto:sidney.schwartz at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 7:25 PM
To: 'Marion & Martin'; 'Blind Talk Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [Blindtlk] Alternative Philosophies

Psychotherapy is not a spiritual undertaking.  My colleagues and I practice
empirically based paradigms.  You may have heard this term.  It refers to
employing techniques which have proven to be effective based on rigorous,
time consuming study employing the scientific method.  Perhaps you are
familiar with that term.  You know, Newton, Galileo, the Curies, Jonas Salk,
Watson and Crick and other such fearful practitioners of main stream
science.  What is cowardly and dangerous is treating patients with mystical,
esoteric fantasies.  If your techniques are valid, put them to the test.
Spare your susceptible patients to this quackery.