[Blindtlk] Let's work together! re: A Must-Read for all Federationists!

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 22 22:46:52 UTC 2009

Eric,
    I hear what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree with you! If
"working together" means compromising our position and the core values of
the Organization, it cannot be done! This discussion began with my post of
former President Edwards' article in which he openly admitted that he has no
clue what the ACB stands for! Frankly, what would be our gain to be united
with an organization that has no goals, purpose, or direction? Just as
candidly, I am of the opinion that, if those in the ACB want unity, join the
Federation. After all, they were the one who took their marbles and decided
to play with the agencies! The Civil War diminished us for a short period of
time, but we rebounded quickly and stronger than ever! There would be no
gain for us to compromise! We are stronger, more organized, more unified,
and wealthier than the ACB. Do we want them to join with us? Absolutely!
Should we compromise to placate them? Absolutely not! If they want to
continue in their mediocrity, let them! All of the major benefits every
blind person enjoys from the legal protections to the financial assistance
programs is the direct result of the NFB's advocacy and influence. They can
bash us all they want; they will still enjoy the spoils of our battles!
JMHO!

Fraternally yours,
Marion