[Blindtlk] Cruises

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Aug 4 18:04:58 UTC 2010

This has been an interesting thread and it makes me wish it were later in the year, and not just so the humidity would go away. Cheryl, I'm sure everyone understands you were trying to help, so I wouldn't worry about it. Chastity, the best way to find out if you enjoy your cruise is to take it, and see what works, and what doesn't. Try to repeat the former. I would add one thing that Cheryl hit in passing. Travel insurance is a very good thing. If you buy six months out like we did, we figure that anything can happen. Cruise lines used to offer full refunds, and I believe I saw a change in that in Carnival's policies this time. The insurance will pay if you can't go. I am sure that your travel agent can help you get it, and if they don't, or if you book directly with the cruise line, you can get it.

Things like this are the reason I really appreciate folks like Cheryl and other travel agents. I could book cruises myself, I know how to do it. It is just more reassuring to let the agent deal with all those little details, and let me know about them. Oh for the days when airlines actually paid them to book flights too. It was so much easier.

David Hyde, Professional Development Coordinator Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired 1700 W. State Street Janesville WI 53546

608-758-6152 (office)

608-751-0960 (cell)

608-758-6169 (fax)

866-284-1107 ext. 34 (toll free)