[Blindtlk] Question Regarding Guide Dogs

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 8 02:01:02 UTC 2010

My husband and I are both blind.  He uses a guide dog; I do not.  We do walk
together, but he uses the dog and I use my cane.  His current dog is very
new, so when we go out together, I walk behind him and, since he and his dog
walk very fast, he usually waits for me.  When he had his previous dog, who
was older, I held his arm, but still used my cane.  So, to answer your
question, yes, two blind people can walk together, but the dog only guides
his handler.

Cindy