[Blindtlk] New Member

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Thu Oct 21 15:52:54 UTC 2010

Hi Candi:

I know it isn't what you want to hear however, best you cross at the
intersections than the cross walk.  There's allot that goes into your
request to have the City install an audible signal there.

First, there needs to be a traffic study to determine if an audible signal
is really needed there.  If there's a high volume of blind people who
frequently cross this street then that helps in your request.  Good
examples, a blindness school or center near by, a busy downtown area or a
place of employment  where blind people work.

The street study is then sent to the streets department for recommendation.
It costs the City a 4 or 5 figure amount to install the signal and who knows
how much each Month for electric and repair cost.  So unless you figure into
what I stated above, your request probably will be rejected.

Maurice

We know that you have a choice in choosing a Travel Partner and truly

appreciate that you have selected Peachtree Travel.

Independent Travel Consultant

(phone) 888-389-2723

(fax) 888-563-4698

Reservations at peachtreetravel.net