[Blindtlk] Fidelco Guide Dogs: Dreams of Independent Travel Become Nightmares of Sorrow

Jessica Kostiw jessicac.kostiw at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:22:50 UTC 2011

Marion,
I read your article in-depth.  I sincerely thank you for the efforts you
have made on Brenda and others behalf.  The situation described is nothing
less than devastating!  I also have heard very disturbing stories concerning
the school, however, as a graduate of GEB I can tell you that I have heard
similar stories from there as well.  I am a huge advocate of guide dogs,
though I am choosing to stay with my cane, and I strongly believe these
stories need to be told.  There are great schools out there, but a potential
guide dog user must do extensive research.  The quality of a school
definitely changes depending on the leadership in place.

My thoughts and prayers go out to "Brenda."

Jessica Kostiw