[Blindtlk] U-verse DVR help

Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 18:12:16 UTC 2011

Ray:

OK think I got all the recording options down.  Now if you have any playback
tips I would appreciate them as well.  Looks like so far, the U-verse DVR is
easier to figure out than Direct TV was.  Accept the Direct TV IPhone app is
more accessible than the U-verse mobile app is.

Reese

----- Original Message ----- Correct.  Here's how you'd do it with the
remote.

1.  Temporarily tune to the channel you wish to record.

2.  Now, press the guide button.  That is the button just above the channel
and volume up and down buttons.

3.  Now, wait for about 10 seconds for the grid to appear.

4.  Now, if you press the right arrow key one time after another, you will
move in steps of half hour incroments.  For example, let us say you want to
record something at five oclock.  It's two thirty now.  You'd press the
right arrow key five times.

5.  Now, When you get to five  clock, press the record button.  IF it's a
series you wish to record, quickly press record twice.

6.  Now, let's say you wish to record on another day, like say tomorrow.
Well, once the guide grid shows, press the channel up button to advance one
day in the time line.  At least, I believe it's the channel up button.  You
might need to confirm that to make sure.  when you've found out, let me know
cause actually, I think I forgot that one.