[Blindtlk] I wonder if anyone less who is blind feels like I do

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 22:21:31 UTC 2011

Exactly, David. I agree with this.
I don't  want to be really religious here or change the subject matter to an
off-topic state, but, this brings me to a story that tries to tell just
exactly what you've said in your "I thought he helped those who helped
themselves" statement:

     one man was cruising on a boat by himself across the ocean. Suddenly,
the boat crashes and sinks, living nothing but the man sinking there by
himself. His only hope is that God is going to save his life and god would
be the only one to save him because he was alone in the ocean trying to
float alive. One larger ship approaches him and the people on the ship asked
him, "do you need help? Come on, we can save you, just hop on." The man's
response was, "No, god is going to save me."
Later on, the man was still sinking in the water and despite all the waves
that were coming still he was thinking that god will save him. Suddenly
another ship bigger than the first one stages up to the lonely man and the
captain asks him: "come on! We'll save you! Just jump in!" but then the
man's response was once again, "No, No, god will save me, don't worry god
will save me."
The ship went away, and the man was to the point of dying, when he keeps
thinking "god, please, save me. Why don't you do it now."
So another boat--probably the size of his--came to him, the person on the
boat asks him "come in, I'll save you." But the man kept responding, "No,
no, god is going to save me, god is the only one that is going to save me,
don't worry."
The boat hurried away, and minutes later the man couldn't resist no more and
died.
When the man was with god in heaven, he asked him: "god, why didn't you save
me? I thought you were going to save me." then god's response was, "Hey, I
sent you three boats, but you did not get on either one of them. Sorry."

--Source: MY MOM SHARED THIS STORY WITH ME.