[Blindtlk] Early convention tapes.

Brian Miller brian-r-miller at uiowa.edu
Tue Jul 19 01:25:19 UTC 2011

Hi Ray,

I was afraid my comment might be construed as a conspiracy theory, but I
didn't intend it that way... I was directly told this by some very
knowledgeable individuals whose veracity I have no reason to distrust.
Nevertheless, I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

You are right that problems began before 1959, but is not 59 in Santa Fe the
year of first split among the board, followed by 1960 in Miami with six
affiliates leaving, then 1961 in Kansas City with the walk out?  I see that
as a pretty pivotal set of years  with respect to the time of troubles.  I
don't want to suggest that it remains pivotal for us, either, or that it
keeps me up nights, just froma  historical perspective it was pretty
significant.

Best,

Brian M