[Blindtlk] Paratransit Vs. fixed Routes

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Mon May 2 18:51:39 UTC 2011

I also grew up preferring fixed route bus service over Para transit because
I always hated waiting around for a ride when I could already be half way
home or where ever I am going.  However, had to change my opinion when I
moved and accepted a job transfer.  This location is close to a buss stop
but cannot physically get there.

I'm in a gated community and outside the gate, there's no side walks.  Just
a dirt road and cars speeds average 30 to 40 miles an hour.  Plus the buss
stop is on the other side of an interstate which is definitely a no go for a
totally blind cane traveler.

So It all depends on your level of mobility and where you happen to be.
Sometimes Para transit is your safest and only option.

Reese