[Blindtlk] Identifying Clothes and organization

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Tue May 31 15:22:04 UTC 2011

Dear All,

Picking colors that go together is not hard as long as you know what the
colors are.
As a person with a minor in Commercial Art, there is a easy way to determine
if two colors go together.  That is by the use of a color wheel.
Besides the colors of Black and White, there are also the three Primary
colors, Red, Blue and Yellow.
The mixing of Red and Blue make the color purple and adding a little more of
either of the two colors makes various shades in between.
The same thing goes for Red and Yellow.  Combined, they make the color
Orange and the shades in-between.
Yellow and Blue make the Color Green and the shades in between.
Adding White to any of these colors or shades will lighten the color or
shade.  The Color Black will darken them.
There are certain colors that are Complimentary to each other.
These are colors that are directly across the color wheel from each other.
Colors such as Red and Green are across from each other and go together,
very popular at Xmas.
Blue and Orange are across the wheel from each other and go together.
Yellow and Purple go together and so on.
If you are dealing with a light shade of any color  also go with a light
shade of the complimentary color across the wheel from it.  The same goes
for a darker shade of any color.
Black, White or Grey will usually go with any other prime color as a rule.
You can make your selves a color wheele and use it to match the colors of
clothes if it helps you keep them straight.
You can get plastic or embossed metal tags for any of the catalog companies
to tag your clothes with by sewing them in or fastening them with a small
safety pin.