[Blindtlk] Refusal To Use A Cane

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:59:22 UTC 2012

Julie:
I get embarrassed and not know what to do with all of us at times myself, I have more vision then some, and at first when I joined I had a whole lot more, I felt embarrassed to have so much when others had none at all, and how I could be part of something if I wasn't totally blind, until I met Mike and Angie Robinson, 2nd Vice President of NY State, what an inspiration he is to me and as made me feel a little more comfortable in my own skin.
I am not prejudice in the way others have less then me, but me being embarrassed for myself. I don't those out there reading this that are not totally blind ever feel like this.
We had a similar discussion at our annual leadership seminar here in NY this past summer, were I learned a whole lot.
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.