[Blindtlk] To move or not to move

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Apr 25 17:48:47 UTC 2013

To really address this question, one would need to know more about why you are raising the question and also the circumstances of an
individual would have to be taken into account.  I would say that most of us who live independently had to afford a place to live
while on SSI or SSDI at some point in our lives, so one would have to understand what is meant by not being able to afford it and
what future plans were involved.  One might also live at home and be the primary care giver thus being as independent as would be the
case when living separately.  I'm not sure I've ever heard that our centers require a guarantee of living alone after training as a
condition of training, though, so I am wondering about the reason for this question.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:49:19 -0400, RJ Sandefur wrote:

>I understand the NFB centers want the stuidents to move away from home after their training and I support this view. However, What
if the person is unable to afforwardit? RJ