[Blindtlk] Question regarding calling surveys

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Apr 29 11:59:53 UTC 2013

I used to work for the Department of Labor, where I called employers to beg
them to complete the Occupational and Employment Statistics Survey.  They
could fill it out on the paper form we sent out or by phone.  If they chose
to complete it over the phone, I entered their information on the computer
using JAWS. It was a form with various edit boxes, check boxes and whatnot.
It worked about 99% with JAWS.  The odd thing that wasn't labeled I just
memorized.  I wore a phone headset so I could hear the other person in one
ear, then I wore headphones so I could hear JAWS in the other ear.  It
messes up your hair pretty bad, but it gets the job done! *smile*

Julie