[Blindtlk] drivers, social lives, school and rehab

Mari Hunziker marihunziker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 03:34:04 UTC 2013

Thank you all so much. It has been a very difficult and a very stressful
situation for me and anyone for that matter to be in. I wonder if its worth
it. I have been a stay-at-home-mom for 9 years now. I have always wanted a
career. But when I found myself struggling to survive due to complications
of the delivery of my son's birth. It took me over 2 years for me to
recover. I was in and out of the hospital for an entire year due to a blood
condition they discovered after I hemorrhaged. It was incredible. I
survived and my son is doing great. I was also blessed with a second child,
a daughter who just started Kindergarten. I love being involved with their
lives and so I have chosen Education as my career in order for me to
contribute to my household income, society. and be at home with my kids
during their holidays. Having children and trying to work or finish school
seems impossible and extremely complicated especially for those of us who
must rely on someone else for transportation, after-school childcare and
all of the other logistics that are involved in the education of a blind
individual.