[Blindtlk] drivers, social lives, school and rehab

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 15:01:10 UTC 2013

Good morning Mardi:
Cheryl Echevarria here, I am proud that you made it through all your trials and tribulations of your health and you are able to take care of your family again.
Many people forget that being a Mother and Wife are a full-time job.
When I lost my vision back in 2001 from years of diabetic retinopathy, and kidney failure due to my diabetes. I had a 12 year old daughter and I had just married my best friend Nelson, after 7 years of living together. So a lot stopped drastically, doing dialysis 3-4 times a week 4 days a week, became a part time job, and then going home sick all the time.
But we got through it in 2005 having received a kidney transplant.
I know not the same.
But I had to learn again, how to take care of my family and husband, learning how to use a computer again, learning how to pay the bills, learning mobility skills to go food shopping, and being independent, and then being an advocate with the NFB for the blind, I am also a advocate with the National Kidney Foundation, and Juvenile Diabetes.
But I had to learn how to use the tools I also use in business.
It all depends on what you want, do you want to learn braille, hadley has the free correspondence course, I am still learning it after not doing it for a long time, I have issues with neuropathy in my hands, it is hard to feel the braille, and it hurts.
Do you want to learn the computer? What do you want to learn? If you don't want to find a job outside the house, if you are not already get involved with NFB, I don't know if you mentioned you are a member or if you have a local chapter, but you can still become active.  But none the less, being wife and mother are full time jobs.
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama