[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 20:41:14 UTC 2013

I'm alright with the terms either way.  Visually impaired is a little less
abrasive and describes most of the Blind.   I have some functional vision,
but operate mostly like one who is totally blind.  I juse as many different
blindness skills as I can; Jaws, braille and a cane, so I operate as if I am
without any sight, but I still at times interchange the terms.