[Blindtlk] Comparing pros and cons of screen readers?

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 4 14:52:53 UTC 2013

Hello, Peter.  I don't think there is such a list, and even if there is, it
will no doubt be out of date when you secure employment because things
change so very rapidly.  I think the best that you can do is to get your
job, find out what software is being used, and then ask the list for help in
trying to work around whatever problems you have with it.  Then, of course,
if we still can't help you find a way around it, there is Section 508 and
any appeal rights that you have for inaccessible software and a request for
reasonable accommodation.

I commend you on thinking ahead, but warn you that sometimes thinking ahead
can create what seem to be unsolvable problems.  Difficult challenges are
met one task at a time.  Try to avoid becoming paralyzed by all that might
go wrong and save your energy for those things that really will need the
best that you have to offer.

Good luck to you in your search for employment.