[Blindtlk] Adjustment to Blindness Training, NFB Centers or Not?

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 00:39:45 UTC 2013

RJ,

Probably because they don't like anything the NFB does and because they
don't like the idea of the blind teaching the blind. I know that most of the
ACB-ers I've talked with hated the idea of a blind cane travel teacher. They
think it's unsafe. However, I had a blind cane travel teacher for 3 weeks at
the Louisiana Center for the Blind (LCB,) and you don't see me dead or even
injured. <Smile.>

Chris Nusbaum, Co-Chair
Public Relations Committee
Maryland Association of Blind Students