[Blindtlk] NFB Guide Dog School, A Possible Scenario

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 03:49:37 UTC 2013

David,

Well, then, I probbably won't be going to an NFB center. You're right
that I am relatively young, but don't assume that makes me stupid--I
have had to deal with advocacy and consumer rights issues in the past.
Part of my problem with the NFB is that you have to accept the
"package"--well, I already *have* a lot of the package. This is what I
am saying. Every once in awhile I will bring up the topic of, for
example, structured discovery and how it works with an NFB member and
I receive responses like this. They do the very opposite of encourage
me to investigate more.