[Blindtlk] Training with screen readers conundrum

Peter Wolfe yogabare13 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 04:46:15 UTC 2013

David,

    The irony David is thtat I picked poli sci cause of the job
security with the federal government for disabled workers. I truly
wanted to be a computer scientist but since how that I didn't know
nemeth code that I didn't pursue that field. I keep telling myself
with the University of Miami NEI research that perhaps within five or
more years that my vision could return, then I can pursue a field in
the STEM fields. I personally hate the social sciences cause there is
no real benchmarks so everyone disagrees on opinions not facts as
much. So, I'm stuck with this degree like lots of normal students
cause wanting job security not cause that I'd like it. Lastly, I'm not
the best communicater just that I have a passion for counseling and
for the time being that would be nice to do.

    Anyone have any ideas on a poli sci doing counseling in the
government? I'm thinking of financial aid advisor at a college or
something. Perhaps I can do this cause the chief financial advisor at
my university had a ph.d in historyr and theology degree not finance
at all. I really would like to work with a domestic battery shelter,
child abuse victims or financial management. I'd appreciate any ideas
cause not sure of a general scope of what to do. Thanks for pointing
out the obvious cause that is causing barriers in how to think aboutt
professional life post-college. By the way, wish that more blind
people would do more internships in their sophomore, junior and senior
years cause this more than academics helps more than academics by far.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Cordially,
Peter Q Wolfe, BA
e-mail: yogabare13 at gmail.com
"If you don't stand up for something your willing to fall for anything"
Peter Q Wolfe
"Stand up for your rights"
Bob Marley