[Blindtlk] Adjustment to Blindness Training, NFB Centers or Not?

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 24 01:04:04 UTC 2013

I also think that to take stands as an organization on other issues would
cause us to digress from our primary purpose, which has to do with doing
what we can as a collective body to improve the chances of blind people to
achieve total integration into society and be able to obtain, security,
opportunity and equality with the sighted public around us.  That doesn't
mean, of course, that we can't individually take stands regarding other
issues and join other groups, for that matter, that promote these stands.
For example, I might as well acknowledge here that I am also a liberal
Democrat who has developed an interest in the fight over gun control.  I
have called our congressional reps here in Maine about it.  However, I do
not think it would be appropriate for me to talk about how I feel about the
National Rifle Association on this list or stand up at a national or state
convention and give a talk about my views on the NRA or gun control in
general.  That is not in line with our primary purpose as an organization
and Ithink we probably are more effective because we try to stick to our
primary purpose.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.