[Blindtlk] My 2 Cents

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Mar 24 23:33:36 UTC 2013

Rehab traditionally called the persons receiving services
clients.  However, for some, myself included, this word evokes a
medical or one-way social services model, and gives power to the
rehab folks.  So, the terms consumer, or customer came into
use.  They both lean towards the person being able to choose to take,
or not to take services, have some control over what those services are etc.

There isn't a perfect word -- but to me, either customer, or consumer
is preferable to client.

Dave