[Blindtlk] Question to other musicians?

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 15 17:42:41 UTC 2013

I am Terri Wilcox out of Ann Arbor Michigan. I teach voice lessons. You really need a local teacher in order to learn singing
techniques that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life. These include breathing, posture and mouth position. A
teacher is necessary because you cannot hear your own sound. You hear what is happening inside of your head. This is not what you
really sound like outside of your head. I tell my students they must tell me how things feel and I will tell them how it sounds. If
they try to tell me how it sounds they are taking my job. However, I cannot crawl inside them to determine how it feels. It should
never hurt. I have a Master's in Voice Performance, but I should still be taking lessons. The same things hold true. I cannot fix
myself since I cannot hear what I sound like outside my own body. I can determine how it feels and the teacher determines how it
sounds.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox