[Blindtlk] a sincere appology, and a possible discrimination case.

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 00:49:56 UTC 2014

I know what you mean about sighted thinking their suggestions are helping
when they just make you more frustrated.  I try to be gracious and say
something like " I'll think about your suggestion.  I'm not so sure it will
help." and then just forget about it right away if it's ridiculous or I have
a working solution they don’t know about.  As I've gotten older I don't get
those stupid things as often.  I’m glad because I'm getting sick of
educating though I know how important it is.  Tone of voice and wording help
a lot.  I have done a lot of "thanks for your offer of....but I could really
use....right now.  Would you mind helping me? If you need to, just ask me.
I appreciate your caring."

Doesn't always work though.  Sometimes you get idiots like the night manager
who are just plain lazy and are getter at making up excuses than anything
else. The blind community has these too!

Ericka